The Advanced USAW Coach & Sports Performance Course...
This Course is the second course in the Coaching Education Program. You must be a current USAW Level-1 Sports Performance or Club Coach to Register!
This course is applicable for those coaches seeking advanced knowledge to better themselves and their athletes. It is a requirement for weightlifting coaches seeking to attain the National Coach Rating.
- 30MAY | Facebook Event Page is now up.
All individuals who successfully complete the course requirements will receive the USA Weightlifting Advanced Sports Performance Coach Certificate. Advanced Sports Performance Coaches that successfully complete the background check and Athlete Performance requirements will receive the USA Weightlifting National Coach Rating!
This course will cover (at a minimum):
- Advanced Strength and Power Principles
- Advanced Biomechanical Principles of Weightlifting
- Advanced Program Design Application
- Anatomy, Physiology and Kinesiology as it relates to Weightlifting
- Application of Long Term Athletic Development for Weightlifters
- Coaching Principles
- National and International Competition Preparation
- Nutrition; Daily Regime and Phases
- Skill Acquisition of Athletes
- Sports Psychology for Weightlifting
- USAW Membership | $69
- USAW L2 Coaches Course | $499
- Sat, 3AUG | 0900-1700 (eta)| Day-1
- Sun, 4AUG | 0900-1700 (eta)| Day-2 + Testing
Aaron & Jackie Berube Black | Phone: 719-663-1806.
1. Have a Level-1 Certification!
All prospective USAW Level 2 Coaches must be registered with USAW and have a current USAW Level-1 Certification!
2. Register for the Event!
Click the link to the left to register for the Level-! Coaches Course!
Directions to the Course:
You can use the Google Map below to find us for weigh-ins and the day of the meet.
Check the Event Page for this Meet on The Dirty Gym Facebook Page.