The USAW Coach & Sports Performance Course...
This course is meant to take all participants through complete technical progressions of the Snatch, Clean & Jerk, and all associated movements including Power Snatch, Power Clean, Power Jerk, Squat variations, and pulling progressions.
Participants will gain base line knowledge about the programming of training and technical rules. The course includes theoretical classroom, and practical hands-on portions. Course duration is over one weekend and lasts approximately 13-14 hours with up to 9 hours being practical and 4-5 hours lecture based.
It is suitable for Strength & Conditioning, Sports Performance, Health & Fitness, and beginning level competitive Weightlifting Coaches alike!
- 30MAY | Facebook Event Page is now up.
This course will cover (at a minimum):
- Beginning Athletic Assesments
- Fundamental Movements of Weightlifting
- Technical Training
- Producing Weightlifting Athletes
- Practical Programming
- Weightlifting Sport Safety
- Proper Coaching Techniques for each Athletic Level
- USAW Membership | $69
- USAW L1 Coaches Course | $499
- Sat, 5AUG | 0900-1700 (eta)| Day-1
- Sun, 6AUG | 0900-1700 (eta)| Day-2 + Testing
Aaron & Jackie Berube Black | Phone: 719-663-1806.
1. Become a USAW Member.
All prospective Coaches must be Registered with USAW.
2. Register for the Event!
Click the link to the left to register for the Level-! Coaches Course!
Directions to the Course:
You can use the Google Map below to find us for weigh-ins and the day of the meet.
Check the Event Page for this Meet on The Dirty Gym Facebook Page.